This is a demo of a CSS stylesheet for a hand-coded customizable webcomic archive/site, with a sidebar and general aesthetic similar to Hiveworks and other popular comic website styles.
To Update Your Comic
- Add a new page to the website.
- Make sure the new page's "previous" button links to the previous page.
- Change the previous page's "next" button to link to the new page.
- Replace the contents of the "/index.html" (or whatever your default "most recent comic" page is) with a copy of the contents of newest page.
- (Optional) Update the "archive" page to include a link to the new page.
Limitations To Keep In Mind
- You will need your sidebar links/HTML layout/widgets/etc to all be complete and finalized before you start seriously posting. This is because if you ever want to change them, you will have to update these details on every page, by hand. You can technically do it, but it will be a total pain in the ass.
- (CSS-only changes are fine, though, since you can just edit the CSS and everything else will change automatically.)